Who do the experts believe will win the Week 5 Monday Night Football game between the Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears on October 9, 2017?
Football will look a little different for fans of the Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears in Week 5 of the NFL season. The Bears will have a rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky at the helm for the first time while the Vikings will be without their rookie running back Dalvin Cook.
Still, the game must go on. On Monday Night Football, Chicago and Minnesota will clash in an NFC North battle in a game that should be as close to must-win as a Week 5 game can get in the National Football League.
But who do the experts think will win this game? Here are what some of the major media outlets believe will be the outcome of the Monday, October 9, 2017 matchup:
Picking the Vikings
– David Steele:
“Welcome to the NFL, No. 2 overall pick Mitchell Trubisky … signed, the Vikings defense.”
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
Picking the Bears
- NFL.com – Elliot Harrison: “The Bears front seven is going to win this game. Book it. Or, maybe just try to believe.” Score: Bears 22, Vikings 20
- Pro Football Talk – Mike Florio: “Last year, one of Chicago’s three wins came at home against the Vikings on Monday Night Football.” Score: Bears 20, Vikings 14
- CBS Sports – Will Brinson
- CBS Sports – Ryan Wilson
- ESPN – Golic
- ESPN – Riddick
- ESPN – Wingo
- SBNation – Stephen White
- SBNation – Geoff Schwartz
- SBNation – Adam Stites
- SBNation – Matt Rich Warren
- SBNation – Joel Thorman
As you can see, most experts are picking the Minnesota Vikings to be victorious in Week 5. One of the lone groups going for the Bears is SBNation, where a majority of their experts believe Chicago will come away with the win.
What do you think will happen in Week 5 of the NFL season when the Minnesota Vikings take on the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football? Let us know your picks and predictions in the comments section below.