Where do the experts have the Minnesota Vikings ranked in the Power Rankings heading into Week 6 of the 2017 NFL season to take on Green Bay?
Last week, the Minnesota Vikings took a bit of a nosedive in the media’s weekly power rankings after a heartbreaking loss to the Detroit Lions in Week 4 of the 2017 National Football League season.
The team then struggled in Week 5 against a tough Chicago Bears team on Monday Night Football that needed a big stop from the defense and an accurate kick to decide the winner on October 9, 2017.
Even with the win, the Vikings aren’t back to soaring up the power rankings. Many experts left the team in the same spot as the previous week or saw an increase of a spot or two. However, some even moved Minnesota down for their efforts.
Here is how some of the experts have the Minnesota Vikings ranked headed into Week 6 of the 2017 NFL season:
Business Insider – Tyler Lauletta and Scott Davis: “Kai Forbath played hero on Monday night for the Vikings”
- Pro Football Talk – Mike Florio: “Sam Bradford hadn’t spent that much time in the fetal position since exiting the womb.” (Up 3 spots)
- Sporting News – Vinnie Iyer: “The defense still is the most reliable asset for Mike Zimmer.” (up 3 spots)
- CBS Sports – Pete Prisco: “You have to wonder if Bradford might be sitting for a while with that knee injury. Now comes the Packers.” (Up 2 spots)
- Washington Post – Mark Maske: “The in-game switch to Keenum was the obvious move and it resulted in the Vikings’ victory over the Bears.” (Up 1 spot)
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
- NFL.com‘s Elliot Harrison: “I love the Vikes’ defensive personnel. Solid from stem to stern.” (No Change)
- USA TODAY Sports: “They scratched out a victory Monday, but loss of Dalvin Cook and Sam Bradford’s ongoing knee issues will probably relegate them to .500.” (Up 3 spots)
- Walter Football – Walter Cherepinsky: “Case Keenum should just remain the starter until Teddy Bridgewater is ready to play because it seems like Bradford won’t be healthy until 2023.” (Up 1 spot)
- Yahoo Sports – Frank Schwab: “It’s pretty clear Sam Bradford wasn’t right on Monday night.” (No Change)
- ESPN.com – “Case Keenum has more than held his own” (Down 3 spots)
Where do you think the Minnesota Vikings should be ranked heading into Week 6 of the NFL season? And which media outlet do you feel does the best job ranking the team? Let us know in the comments below.