Overall impression vs Rams in Week 11
All week, I have been saying that Week 11 was going to be a massive test for the Minnesota Vikings, who had never really faced off against a squad with such an excellent offense and capable defense.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
It’s impressive that Minnesota was able to take command of the game the way they did. Defensively, the team was without starting safety Andrew Sendejo and rotational defensive end Brian Robison. On offense, they were missing their starting right tackle.
Despite all that, the team was able to show their depth and heart in this win. They played hard, especially in the trenches where they were able to get consistent pressure on Jared Goff and penetrate the Rams run game.
Needless to say, Adam Thielen is an absolute monster and the Vikings defensive line is unquestionably for real. When this team gets going, it is hard to see any opponent stopping them, especially at home in front of that rowdy U.S. Bank Stadium crowd.
The Minnesota Vikings move to 8-2 on the season and will face a familiar foe in Week 12 when they hit the road on Thanksgiving to play the Detroit Lions. I’ll be back with another Ups and Downs, and I hope to have you back as well.