The Minnesota Vikings are among the 4 teams in the Conference Championship Round of the playoffs, but where do experts have them in their Power Rankings?
It’s time to look ahead to the Conference Championship Round of the NFL playoffs where only 4 teams are left standing, and thankfully one of those remaining franchises is the Minnesota Vikings.
Surviving an improbable comeback attempt by the Saints, the Vikings join the Philadelphia Eagles, New England Patriots, and Jacksonville Jaguars as the only teams left with a chance at being in Super Bowl 52.
While it’s fun to look at power rankings, they shouldn’t be taken too seriously. Especially with only four teams left, the spots will only be from one to four (unless you’re that one media outlet who put the Falcons at #4 despite losing).
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
- NFL.com – Elliot Harrison: “Seen a few unforgettable endings during my time covering the NFL, and as a fan for over 30 years … none of which were more shocking than the “Minneapolis Miracle,” “Skol Mary,” “Whiff Six,” or whatever else people are calling Stefon Diggs‘ improbable touchdown.”
- NFL Spin Zone – Randy Gurzi: “The Saints could do nothing but watch receiver Stefon Diggs run untouched into the end zone as the Vikings kept hope alive to be the first team to play a Super Bowl in their own stadium.”
- Pro Football Weekly: “Eagles unlikely to threaten Vikes’ ‘D’ like Saints”
- SportsNet – Staff: “The dream of hosting the Super Bowl is still alive after the “Minnesota Miracle” finish to the first playoff game in U.S. Bank Stadium.”
- Walter Football – Walter Cherepinsky: “Did anyone make sure that the 100-year-old grandma is OK following that inexplicable win? And did anyone get her granddaughter’s phone number? Wowwa weewa.”
That’s right. Every single Power Rankings piece I could find online heading into the Conference Championship has the Vikings at #2, behind only the New England Patriots. It appears as though the Media is truly starting to believe in Minnesota.
Where would you put the Minnesota Vikings in your power rankings? Is the #2 spot too high? Too low? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.