- Dan Bailey
- Britton Colquitt
- Austin Cutting
- Ameer Abdullah
More from Minnesota Vikings News
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
- Vikings have reportedly begun extension talks with T.J. Hockenson
This has been a good offseason for continuity on special teams. Only Cutting was under contract as a specialist at the conclusion of the 2019 season and some work needed to be done to make sure the kicking woes of the past don’t resurface.
One of the most important transactions was bringing back kicker Bailey and holder/punter Colquitt. The combination with those two along with holder Cutting finally provided some continuity and stability on field goals and extra points.
Colquitt was also solid when punting. He won’t appear among the league leaders in many of the statistical categories, but much of the strategy of the Vikings relies on winning the battle for field position.
The return situation is a bit sticky. Abdullah has to be the favorite since he performed those duties and Marcus Sherels is unlikely to return. However, K.J. Osborn could be the one to impress this preseason and earn at least one of the return duties.
Do you agree with this list of Minnesota Vikings starters for the 2020 NFL season? Or do you think another player will emerge to earn one of the spots? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.