The Minnesota Vikings have been busy this offseason trying to round out their rosters for training camp by finding young, talented players in free agency. Minnesota recently added cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke to their roster, but they also added two other defenders to the team.
Here are the two players the Vikings added today:Jul 27, 2013; Richmond, VA, USA; Washington Redskins defensive tackle Dominique Hamilton (76) and Redskins nose tackle Chigbo Anunoby (75) walk onto the field during 2013 NFL training camp at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center. Mandatory Credit: Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports
Chigbo Anunoby, defensive tackle
- Anunoby is a big fellow. Standing 6’4″ and weighing in at 324 pounds, he was used as a nose tackle by both the Indianapolis Colts, Washington Redskins and Tennessee Titans during his two years in the league. Anunoby attended Morehouse College before becoming an undrafted free agent for the Colts on April 30, 2012.
Leon Mackey, defensive end
- Mackey attended Texas Tech and was an undrafted free agent in 2014 by the Miami Dolphins. After failing to make their roster, the defensive end wound up playing two regular season games for the Arizona Rattlers and played in the playoffs in the Arena Football League. In those games, he registered three and a half sacks. Mackey stands 6’4″ and weighs in at 265 pounds.
While these two players aren’t household names, solid players and stars can come out of anywhere in the NFL. There have been many players that were undrafted free agents or bounced around the league before finding a home where they could contribute. Hopefully Anunoby and Mackey can be those kind of players for the Vikings.
More from The Viking Age
- 7 prospects for the Vikings to watch on Day 1 at the 2020 Combine
- Chad Greenway launches program to help high school athletics
- 6 free-agent interior offensive linemen the Vikings could sign in 2020
- 5 bold predictions for the Vikings at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine
- Did the Vikings just put an end to the Stefon Diggs rumors?