The Vikings’ relationship with Adrian Peterson appears to be in an advanced state of deterioration if today’s report from the combine is any indication.
More from Vikings Rumors
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota was trying to trade Kirk Cousins at the Combine
- Vikings odds to trade for Lamar Jackson are soaring
- Vikings Rumors: Former Chiefs receiver is on Minnesota’s radar
- Vikings Rumors: Trade calls about Danielle Hunter have been made
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota looking to shakeup their running back room
Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com says last week Adrian Peterson’s agent Ben Dogra got into a heated exchange with Vikings exec Rob Brzezinski in Indianapolis and the two nearly came to blows.
La Canfora’s report cites multiple sources who say Dogra and Peterson had to be separated during the argument. Former Tampa Bay GM Mark Dominik was among those who jumped into the fray to keep the situation from escalating.
During the exchange, Dogra reportedly told Brzezinski Adrian Peterson would never play for the Vikings again.
This report comes at the end of a series of stories that certainly make it seem Adrian Peterson wants out of town.
This weekend it was reported that Peterson has made it known that he wants to play for the Cowboys, but the Vikings are not presently willing to pursue a trade with Dallas.
Last week Peterson made strong comments to ESPN about his uneasiness with playing in Minnesota after the way some people in the organization failed to back him up during his battle against child abuse charges last year.
Some have claimed Peterson is over-playing the victim card while others believe the Vikings truly did Peterson wrong. Still others claim the media are the real villains here.
Whatever you believe, it’s hard to dismiss this latest report (which was verified by multiple witnesses). If things have gotten this bad between the Vikings and Peterson’s people, I don’t see any way Peterson can remain in Minnesota.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022