More evidence that Adrian Peterson is headed for the Arizona Cardinals or just more reporters talking out their butts? YOU BE THE JUDGE.
More from Vikings Rumors
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota was trying to trade Kirk Cousins at the Combine
- Vikings odds to trade for Lamar Jackson are soaring
- Vikings Rumors: Former Chiefs receiver is on Minnesota’s radar
- Vikings Rumors: Trade calls about Danielle Hunter have been made
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota looking to shakeup their running back room
Per Rand Getlin, the Arizona Cardinals’ recent move to cut long-time defensive lineman Darnell Dockett was done to clear cap space for a run at Adrian Peterson.
Getlin’s report comes on the heels of a report by Yahoo! Sports’ Charles Robinson saying Arizona is Peterson’s preferred destination in a trade.
The Cardinals themselves have reportedly denied having any interested in Peterson. However, the evidence is getting overwhelming that something is cooking in Arizona and it involves Peterson.
Swinging a trade for Peterson might not be all that difficult money-wise given Peterson’s reported willingness to restructure his contract if it helps a deal happen.
Peterson is currently owed $13 million for 2015, while Arizona currently has just around $13 million in cap space.
Members of Peterson’s camp, mainly his father Nelson, have made no bones about Peterson’s desire to leave Minnesota. Peterson himself has reportedly made no trade demands but he seemed lukewarm about coming back to Minnesota after his recent face-to-face with Rick Spielman and Mike Zimmer in Houston.
If Peterson does want out of Minnesota and the Vikings can get a good draft pick in return from the Cardinals, then there’s no reason not to make the trade. If the Vikings can’t get fair value in return there’s no reason for them not to keep Peterson and pay him his full contract for 2015.
If all that money isn’t enough to make Peterson happy, then that’s just tough beans.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022