Who the hell is Andrew Gachkar?
More from Vikings Rumors
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota was trying to trade Kirk Cousins at the Combine
- Vikings odds to trade for Lamar Jackson are soaring
- Vikings Rumors: Former Chiefs receiver is on Minnesota’s radar
- Vikings Rumors: Trade calls about Danielle Hunter have been made
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota looking to shakeup their running back room
Andrew Gachkar is a 26-year-old linebacker who has spent his entire career in San Diego after being drafted in the fourth round four years ago out of Missouri.
In his four-year NFL career, the 6-3, 240-pound Gachkar has appeared in 63 of a possible 64 regular season games with 8 starts, 5 of them coming last year.
Last year, Gachkar racked up 38 tackles and one sack for San Diego. PFF ranks him as the #31 free agent linebacker. Pete Prisco included Gachkar in a rundown of potential free agent steals, saying:
"Mostly used as a special-teams player his first three seasons, he started five games last season and showed the ability to cover ground. I am not saying he’s a star in the making, but for the right price — $2 million per season — he is worth a look."
The Vikings reportedly have shown interest in Gachkar and may have him in for a visit later in the week.
Viewed as a run-stopping linebacker with some playmaking ability (he ran back a fumble for a TD last year), Gachkar would come cheap and at worst you would wind up with a top-drawer special teams player.
So, that’s who the hell Andrew Gachkar is.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022