Yesterday Adrian Peterson turned 30 years old (the age when most running backs turn into pumpkins) and plenty of people took time out to wish the superstar well on social media.
More from Vikings Rumors
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota was trying to trade Kirk Cousins at the Combine
- Vikings odds to trade for Lamar Jackson are soaring
- Vikings Rumors: Former Chiefs receiver is on Minnesota’s radar
- Vikings Rumors: Trade calls about Danielle Hunter have been made
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota looking to shakeup their running back room
Yes, the Vikings’ official Twitter did say happy birthday to Adrian Peterson. There was some question leading up to the big day about how the occasion would be handled by the team’s social media accounts, given the sensitive nature of relations between Peterson and the organization. Because people have nothing better to do than wonder about these things.
The suspense was ended with this heartfelt (and probably long-ago pre-scheduled) tweet:
And just to reiterate how much the Vikings wish Peterson a happy birthday, Mike Wobschall himself later retweeted the Vikings’ tweet. Feeling the love yet Adrian?
Either of his own volition or at the behest of Vikings PR, Face of the Franchise Teddy Bridgewater also passed along a birthday greeting to his running back (who may not be his running back for much longer).
The lines of communication may have been shut down between Peterson’s camp and the Vikings’ front office but things are still normal on social media. So that’s good right?
Oh, and of course Adrian also received birthday wishes from his friends around the league. Like this guy:
But don’t read anything into that (or the recent interview where Fitzgerald said adding Peterson to the Cardinals would be “game-changing”). And don’t read anything into this tweet from Larry Fitzgerald’s reporter father (who insists Peterson wants out of Minnesota):
None of this means anything. Of course.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022