The Jacksonville Jaguars have been listed in several speculative reports as a possible landing spot for Adrian Peterson if the Vikings decide to trade him, but if the Jaguars are interested in swinging a deal for Peterson, head coach Gus Bradley isn’t aware of it.
More from Vikings Rumors
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota was trying to trade Kirk Cousins at the Combine
- Vikings odds to trade for Lamar Jackson are soaring
- Vikings Rumors: Former Chiefs receiver is on Minnesota’s radar
- Vikings Rumors: Trade calls about Danielle Hunter have been made
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota looking to shakeup their running back room
Bradley was asked point blank about the speculation his team could be in the running to acquire Peterson and he flat out denied it (via First Coast News):
"Bradley shot down that rumor Tuesday during the Jaguars first day of the voluntary offseason conditioning program. When asked about the team’s interest Bradley responded “No, not really. Not between [GM Dave Caldwell] and I. I may have a while ago but that was just conversation not any direction that we would go.”"
The Jaguars currently hold the #3 overall pick in the draft, a nice piece of bait to dangle in front of Rick Spielman’s nose should they decide to try and acquire Peterson. The Vikings are believed to want a first rounder plus either a veteran starting CB or a second-round pick with which to take a starting CB in exchange for the 30-year-old former All-Pro running back.
A recent report suggested that if the Vikings can’t deal Peterson before or during the draft they will just hold onto him for the 2015 season. Their ability to swing a deal during the draft would presumably be contingent upon how soon top RB prospects Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon come off the board and how desperate teams who miss out on those players are to land a top-of-the-line back.
The Jaguars currently have more than enough cap space to afford Peterson and are not exactly loaded at the running back position (sorry Toby Gerhart).
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022