Randy Moss will not only enter the Minnesota Vikings Ring of Honor, but he will sound the Gjallarhorn as well before the week 1 Monday Night Football game.
This offseason, the Minnesota Vikings announced that former wide receiver Randy Moss would be entering the team’s Ring of Honor at halftime of their week 1 game against the New Orleans Saints on Monday Night Football.
But that won’t be the former player’s only role in the game. since the team recently announced on their official website that Moss will also be sounding the Gjallarhorn before kickoff of the prime time affair.
There are plenty of other events and activities as well as notable events happening before kickoff of the game as well. Here is a rundown of items shared by the Vikings website:
- 9/11 tribute with giant flag and planes flying over
- Randy Moss video featurette
- 2017 debut of the SKOL chant
- Joint Service Color Guard
- National Anthem by Daniel Rodriguez – 9/11 first responder trained by Plácido Domingo
- Tom Burnett (United Airlines Flight 93 hero) named U.S. Bank Hometown Hero.
There will also be several former players available to sign autographs from 4:45 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. throughout the stadium. Here is the list of players and where they can be found. (NOTE: a game ticket is required for all autographs except those at the Delta Vikings Village)
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
- Delta Sky360 Club: Carl Lee
- Medtronic Club: Jim Kleinsasser
- FMP Club: Robert Tate
- Hyundai Club: Talance Sawyer
- Buffalo Wild Wings Club: Milt Sunde
- Mystic Lake Club Purple: Gary Larsen
- Medtronic Plaza: Steve Jordan
- Delta Vikings Village: Rufus Bess & John Gilliam
Other game day events:
- 3:30-5:45 p.m – G.B. Leighton will perform on the Pepsi Sound the North Stage
- 4:45 p.m. – Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders & SKOL Line performance on Delta Vikings Village Stage
- Alex Rossi and Jesse Larson are scheduled to perform on the Commons
- Chuck for Charity – throw a 30-yard pass into a target for prizes in the Commons
Don’t miss what should be an amazing all-day experience when the Minnesota Vikings take on the New Orleans Saints on Monday Night Football in week 1 of the NFL season. This will be a great night, especially for fans of former wide receiver Randy Moss!