The next event on the Vikings’ offseason schedule is Thursday’s rookie minicamp. Though there’s no full list of players invited for tryouts, a few names have gotten out thanks to those leaky buggers in the media. Most of the invitees are from area schools including a couple from the Gophers.
More from Vikings Free Agency
- 3 moves the Vikings could still make in free agency in 2023
- 5 biggest surprises of Minnesota Vikings free agency in 2023
- 3 free agents the Vikings (might) regret not signing in 2023
- Vikings Free Agency 2023: Arrivals, departures, and rumors from Day 2
- Vikings Free Agency 2023: Arrivals, departures, and rumors from Day 1
Old Dominion basketball player Richard Ross
North Dakota State K Adam Keller
South Dakota S Steve Tellefsen
Minnesota RB Donnell Kirkwood
UW-Whitewater QB Matt Behrendt
Minnesota WR Isaac Fruechte
Minnesota OG Zac Epping
South Dakota State S Melvin Taveras
Dubuque S Darren Myles Jr.
NW Missouri State LB Eric Reimer
Southern Illinois QB Kory Faulkner
North Dakota State LB Carlton Littlejohn
Florida P Kyle Christy
UW-Whitewater S Zach Vallafskey
Kansas State WR Curry Sexton
UW-Whitewater SS Brady Grayvold
Tuskegee QB Rashard Burkette
North Dakota State DB Christian Dudzik
Richard Ross has been mentioned before on the site. Kory Faulkner happens to be a former teammate of Vikings draft pick MyCole Pruitt and a 2014 49ers UDFA signee who was cut before camp.
Note on Faulkner: Jim Harbaugh liked him because he was “good-boned.” I don’t know what that means but it could be a positive?
By the way, it appears there was some misunderstanding about the status of North Dakota State’s Christian Dudzik. He was initially reported to have signed as a UDFA but now it appears he was only invited to tryout.
Bummer for him.
Also, the original UDFA list should have included Saginaw Valley State OG Jesse Somsel.
Got all that?
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022