Our countdown of the top 25 Vikings of 2014 continues with #17…
More from Minnesota Vikings News
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
- Vikings have reportedly begun extension talks with T.J. Hockenson
In 2013 Andrew Sendejo became more than just a special teams ace, he showed his value as a backup safety by filling in well for the injured Harrison Smith. His moment to shine came Week 14 against Baltimore when he played lock down coverage, breaking up two passes and intercepting one, and having a second interception nullified by a penalty.
Sendejo performed brilliantly enough in the Ravens game to be named a Pro Football Focus secret superstar. It was one of the more surprising excellent performances of the entire season by a Viking.
Long before that big day, the Vikings showed their appreciation for Sendejo’s game by signing him to a 2-year contract extension worth $2 million. So maybe they weren’t that surprised?
Sendejo comes into this year’s training camp as a near-lock to make the team. He’s a leader on special teams and a solid defensive player who has a chance to earn a spot in what figures to be a three-man rotation at the safety position.