There have been a lot of reports about Adrian Peterson wanting to leave Minnesota – a LOT of reports – but no definitive indications that he’s actually gone to Rick Spielman and requested a trade.
More from Vikings Rumors
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota was trying to trade Kirk Cousins at the Combine
- Vikings odds to trade for Lamar Jackson are soaring
- Vikings Rumors: Former Chiefs receiver is on Minnesota’s radar
- Vikings Rumors: Trade calls about Danielle Hunter have been made
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota looking to shakeup their running back room
But that has now changed.
For the first time, there’s a media report indicating Peterson has gone to Vikings brass and told them he no longer wishes to continue as a member of the organization.
The report comes from Larry Fitzgerald Sr., long-time Twin Cities media figure and oh by the way father of Peterson’s possible future teammate Larry Fitzgerald.
Larry Sr. not only says that Peterson wants out, he says the Vikings are trying to accommodate him in as discreet a fashion as possible.
Peterson reportedly said he would restructure his contract in order to get out of Minnesota. Which, in hindsight, was probably the best indication that he really wants out.
It’s been reported that the Vikings could get a 2nd round pick back from Arizona in a trade. One wacked-out trade rumor had the Vikings dealing Peterson for Larry Fitzgerald but that was just speculative nonsense cooked up by a click-happy loon.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have also been linked to Peterson in trade speculation. The Dallas Cowboys were once believed to be at the top of the list as a possible Peterson landing spot but their recent moves indicate that is not the case.
Just one more piece of information indicating that Peterson and the Vikings are soon to be headed their separate ways. If the Vikings can get a 2nd for Peterson, I believe they’ll do the deal.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022