If the Vikings do trade Adrian Peterson (we do know they’re not going to cut him), the Arizona Cardinals are the team most likely to be on the other end of that deal. At least one Cardinals player would welcome Peterson with open arms.
More from Vikings Rumors
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota was trying to trade Kirk Cousins at the Combine
- Vikings odds to trade for Lamar Jackson are soaring
- Vikings Rumors: Former Chiefs receiver is on Minnesota’s radar
- Vikings Rumors: Trade calls about Danielle Hunter have been made
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota looking to shakeup their running back room
In a talk with azcardinals.com from the LPGA Founders Cup Pro-Am Wednesday, long-time wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald talked about what picking up his friend Peterson would mean for the Cardinals:
"“Obviously, he’s an MVP-caliber player,” Fitzgerald said. “Everybody knows that. Any team he ends up with — or if he stays with the Vikings — is going to have a great back. If he was to come play here, it would obviously mean a tremendous amount for our ballclub.”"
Fitzgerald’s father Larry Sr., a long-time media figure in the Twin Cities, recently reported that the Vikings are “quietly shopping” Peterson after the RB asked out of Minnesota.
The younger Fitzgerald has himself become the subject of trade rumors after PFT’s Mike Florio threw out the possibility that the Vikings and Cardinals could hook up for a rare trade of superstars, with Peterson headed to Arizona in exchange for the wide receiver.
If the Vikings and Cardinals do hook up on a deal, the likely return for Minnesota would be a draft pick and not a player (certainly not a star player like Fitzgerald). A recent report suggested that Arizona could send a 2nd rounder to the Vikings for Peterson and a 7th. That rumor was shot down by Peter King who was told the Cardinals would not consider taking on Peterson’s nearly $13 million salary for 2015.
Peterson has reportedly told the Vikings he would restructure his contract to make a trade happen, so the money may not be so much of an issue for Arizona.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022